Sunday, December 27, 2020
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Friday, June 12, 2020
Monday, March 30, 2020
Monday, March 9, 2020
The next 10 years...
- Jazz drumming with an emphasis on Modern jazz, New Orleans, snare drum solos, Latin jazz and New Music.
- Continue to seek out great mentors and teachers.
- Enjoy being inspired through personal contact with world class musicians.
- Play music with my friends.
- Compose duets and trios for snare drum for my students.
- Lots of published works on YouTube and similar venues.
- Drum teaching studio.
- Reach my potential as a drummer and musician.
- Have fun.
- Enjoy the slow and steady progress that started a decade ago.
Thursday, February 13, 2020
An outstanding example of how to play brushes in one of the most imaginative piano trio cuts I've heard in years. Drummer Vernel Fournier is a master player. Enjoy. David Story.
Saturday, February 1, 2020
Points of interest:
- The clapping part from the audience.
- The fills are inconsistantly played, this was a live recording.
- The part is simple, therefore it stays out of the way of the pianist.
Friday, January 31, 2020
- All high hat
- Cowbell at mm. 75 second time. Different masterings emphasis this differently. The version on Google Play Music has the pattern I've notated. The YouTube video has a different version of the cowbell solo. Long live the cowbell.
I'm learning this in anticipation of an audition Feburary 5 2020 for a big band dance chair as drummer.
These are transcriptions for students learning snare drum. The Kingston is from piece of sheet music I found, I've rewritten it in mode...